Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nice Butt

I was infatuated with Sarah's butt crack.  It took up most of my time while we were playing in the hotel room.  I think she would have been a little happier if I concentrated on her as a whole, but damn, it was so darn nice that I had trouble tearing myself away from shooting just it.

I spent the entire day in a waiting room at the University Hospital in Minneapolis today.  14 hours.  I can tell you about every nook and cranny in that room.  Probably know it better than the cleaning crew.
While I was there I got to talking with a person from Minneapolis about how bloody long their traffic lights are and how you sit for ten minutes only to get five cars closer to the intersection before it changes to red again.  The person asked me what was different about the traffic lights in Marcell where I live.  I laughed out loud.  "We don't have any traffic lights."  "You must have a few."  "Nope.  Not even one.  As a matter of fact we don't have a stop sign either.  We do have a 30 mile per hour speed limit sign as you come into town, but nobody pays any attention to it and usually use the main drag as a passing point for those vehicles going less than 50."
Here if I want to go to Get's Tavern that is three miles from my home I know it will take me three minutes to get there.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is, or what day it is.  There are no stops and I can do sixty all the way there with no stops.  I can tell you within seconds of how long it will take me to get to Grand Rapids, which is 29 miles away.  29 minutes.  Simple math for simple driving lifestyle in rural America.  No traffic lights.  No stop signs.
Why anyone would wait fifteen minutes to get onto an expressway (laughs out loud once again) in order to come to a complete stop for ten minutes, inch ahead five feet for another ten minutes, and so on until you get where you want to go is beyond my comprehension.

2 comments:

RandJ-Photo said...

And after sitting st the lights, sitting on the expressway, you wound up sitting in a waiting room talking to someone about sitting in traffic.

There's something Freudian about that.

D.L. Wood said...

"We do have a 30 mile per hour speed limit sign as you come into town, but nobody pays any attention to it..."

In the 50's long before expressways my parents were traveling from Grand Rapids, Mi. north to see the family as they regularly did. Of course it was a two lane blacktop road that went through every little town. So you get up to speed then back to 25 or 30 to go through the town then back to a good speed for a few miles. My dad usually got tired of that after while and would tend to keep his speed especially if it was a "small" small town. You know the ones you can see from one end of main street to the other including all 6 or 8 of the buildings they called - the town.

On one trip he got stopped. After looking at his license the cop asked my dad if he knew anything about the town he just sped through. Not much my dad replied. The cop then said - well Andy the people that live in this town are very proud of it and they would really appreciate it if you would slow down to take a good look and admire it little the next time you go through. My dad promised he would and the cop handed the license back and tipped his hat at my mom and said you folks have a nice evening.

There were about 12 towns in the 80 miles of two lane between Grand Rapids and where we called up north. Back then it took about three hours to do the trip. Not only was there 12 towns but also very few places to pass. Being it was a major route north it had a lot of truck traffic so it was usually a slow go. I now do that distance in about an hour on the four lane.

I had an uncle that almost always made a leisurely day of the trip. He would stop in every town and drink one beer and then drive to the next town. That was except the lunch stop - when he had two beers. lol

D.L. Wood