Monday, May 14, 2012

Obsidian

Abigail
This was a cigar I got in a sample pack.  I was not overly interested in it when it arrived and it got buried deep in one of my humidors only to have surfaced lately.  Probably was a good thing it stayed in there for as long as it did.
This stick has a very nice, dark, oily Brazilian ligero wrapper and it feels good in the fingers.
To my surprise I found it to be a wonderful cigar.  Espresso, toast and black pepper were there right off the bat.  Earth flavors mingled in and the coffee flavor was wonderful.  Things flitted about running the whole darn gamut  and I was enjoying every minute.
Burn was even and construction was fantastic.  I was most happy.
What would I pay?
$12.00 in a cigar store.

For the last two days I have been working hard shoveling and hauling dirt.  Today I feel like an old man.
I am an old man, but rarely do I feel old.  Today I do.




No comments: